Saturday, April 26, 2014

Are You A Bird Lover?

This post is especially for my readers who are bird lovers.  I found a very cool website today that I want to share with all of you.  It is ALL ABOUT BIRDS from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology.  Not only is the website full of amazing information about many kinds of birds, but they also have a number of live webcams that are trained on nests and feeders.  Some of them are in Ithaca, NY at their land lab, and some are in different parts of the country.

There are about 10 cams available, but some are not on all the time.  I have tried mightily to post still photos from the webcams, but I am running into technical difficulties, so you will just have to go to the link yourself.

I found this because I went looking for info about Great Blue Herons.  Ithaca's lab has a camera trained on a Heron nest, but there doesn't seem to be much activity in that right now.  

I can tell you that the Barn Owl in Indiana is sitting on about 5 eggs, and the Barred Owl nest in Texas has at least 3 fuzzy babies in it.  There are ospreys and an albatross in Hawaii !

Check out the site - it's very cool !  


Thanks for reading!  Come back again soon!

:)Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment