Thursday, July 17, 2014

Labor Day - Movie Review

It isn't often that I rate movies with 5 stars, but I did so with this one.  This movie is a wonderful mix of suspense and romance and ends up being a real tear-jerker.

Labor Day



Stars are Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin.  Kate was nominated for a 2013 Golden Globe for her leading role.

The basic story is that Brolin's character Frank has escaped from prison.  He asks Henry and his mother Adele to help him by hiding him for a few hours until dark when he will flee.  Over the few hours that they are together, the 3 of them bond, and he ends up not fleeing after all.  They spend the Labor Day weekend together and make plans to run away together as a family to Canada.

I can't give any more details than that without giving away spoilers.   I highly recommend this movie.  I found it engaging and very well done.  It is set in the 1980s with flashbacks into the 70s.  Settings are Massachusetts and New Hampshire.  If you like suspense and romance, you will enjoy this movie!  Check it out, and let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to feed the fish!

:)Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment