Thursday, February 19, 2015

Kids? Why are you here?

Hello Everyone!  My Goodness!  It has been a long time since I've written!  I miss my blog!  I think it's time to start doing some updating!  Let's start with animals..... and the weather!

Today - as of 5:00 pm - my outdoor thermometer says it is 8 degrees.  The news tells me we had a record low last night of -9, and windchills were down in the -20s.  Tonight we are expected to have another record cold night here in Central Ohio.

Then, we look out in the back yard at Old House, and whom do we see?


We are used to having ducks visit us in the spring.  They like to come around dusk and hang out, sometimes for a couple of hours, under the bird feeders.  This year, we started seeing them in late January.  Then February got colder.... and colder... and they kept coming.  Sometimes we see as many as 6 at a time.  Most often there are 2 or 3 - a male and female or 2 males and a female.  

Enjoy this video of the Snacking Ducks taken on 2-18-15.  



Talk to you again soon!

STAY WARM!

:)Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment