Thursday, July 6, 2017

Vermont Adventures Day 3

Saturday, June 24 start with rainy drizzle after rain most of the night, but even when I got up at 8:30, I could see a hint of a blue sky in the west.  A clearing sky was on its way across the lake.  By 10 am, it was a lovely sunny day, so my cousin and I set out to walk the sidewalk across the street heading to Battery Park.  Because we were walking parallel to the lake, we were on mostly level ground - THANK YOU!







After our vigorous walk, we decided to go back up to Church St to visit the section we hadn't made it to yet.  I was struck by the number of "wordly" shops - places selling fair-trade products from under-developed nations.   I also discovered Lake Champlain Chocolates.  MMMMMMMMM!

Lunch was at a French Restaurant on Church St.  We got a lovely table by an open air window in a quiet little vestibule.  

                 

                 


It was there that I had probably the best meal of my entire trip, and it is so simple it boggles the mind.... grilled peach and brie on a panini.  WHAT?!  Who knew you could make a sandwich out of fruit?  I savored every bite!  (You know I never used to think I would be that person that takes pics of my food on my phone, but here you go!)

                         

After more browsing and shopping, we got to walk downhill back to the hotel and rest up for dinner at another French place called Bistro de Margot.  At this lovely restaurant, I got a more traditional meal of Steak Frites, of course with the requisite chocolate loveliness at the end.



                         

On this night, I went to sleep very happy that I'd managed to log over 11,000 steps on my pedometer and got to enjoy two lovely meals in French restaurants.  Does it get any better?

:)Amy









No comments:

Post a Comment