Friday, March 30, 2012

1 Week Anniversary

We celebrated our one week anniversary in the new house by not doing much.  We did unbox the new microwave and new coffee maker.  Hubby installed a new showerhead in the master bath.  He also did some weeding in the back yard.  I put shelf paper in the vanity in the master bath as well.  (I think I’m going to be doing shelf paper UNTIL I DIE!!!)  I also celebrated by taking a nap – my first nap on the new Porch furniture.

I’ve got photos to share today.  Let me warn you – between the cushions, the carpet and the curtains, we have 3 shades of green going in the room now, but can anyone really have too much green? 

As I mentioned yesterday, the furniture came in pieces.  Each piece was padded at the corners and at each point where there was either a built in bolt, or built in hole to bolt to.  Each of those pads had to be cut off.  The bolts had little protectors (dare I call them bolt condoms) that had to be unscrewed.   Here is a chair back for example:


One thing I did today was rearrange the furniture several different ways.  We started off with the loveseat “cornered” between the brick wall and the windows.  That made it difficult to get to the window. 






 Then I tried this arrangement:


The main problem with this arrangement was that the chair at the right totally blocked the view of the back yard and creek for the person sitting in the chair at the left… and the view is something we need to maximize.  So, I next came up with this:




Yes, the loveseat sticks out into the room, but this really maximizes the view from 3 of the 4 seats, and provides easy access to all blinds and windows for easy use.    I have a lamp that is made out of a birdhouse that I want to put on one of the tables – have to work on the other table.   I sort of expected Hubby not to like this arrangement, but he does like it!  YAY!  We may need to adjust the loveseat when we get the table and chairs, but that's not happening until May.  

Once I get my sewing room up and running, I will probably make some new throw pillows, and decorating certainly will help.  We had discussed a coffee table, but that might just clutter things up too much.  This set also comes with a footstool which we can order later if we decide we want one.  This is "Martha Stewart Living" by the way.  Of course there is a name label on each piece!  

So, that's it for today.  Happy Anniversary to US !!!









1 comment:

  1. So jealous of your beautiful porch! And all those arrangements? You're so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete