Saturday, April 23, 2016

The Odyssey Continues - Slow Progress is better than No Progress!

Hello Friends,

Today, I'm going to share an update on the weight loss.  In my March 20 update, I had just hit -40.  As of today,  I saw -43 for the first time.  The last few weeks I have watched a very very slow decrease on the scale.  I have been setting goals of 1 pound a week at the start of each month, but I'm not making that.  I lost 7 in Jan and 5 in Feb, but March and April are not making a pound a week.  At least I am still going down.  That is better than going up!

As slowly as things are going, there are still a few accomplishments I can report.  Probably the most important one is that I had entered a Biggest Loser contest in my school.  It started Jan 1 and ran until the last day before Spring Break which was March 24.  I was able to turn in a weight loss of 15 pounds in that time which was 6.38% of my total body weight, and that put me in 4th place and in the money for $20!    I think I am going to frame the $20 bill I got.  The whole I idea of ME winning a weight-loss competition is mind-blowing!

Another accomplishment was my shopping expedition over Spring Break.  I was able to buy size 18 capris for summer along with some other sporty summer clothes.  I am also now solidly in size 18 jeans and dress pants... and these are dress pants withOUT elastic waistbands!  I know my male readers won't fully appreciate that, but for women, that is a BIG deal!  To put this in perspective, my wedding dress was a size 18/20 in 1982.  I have not been in size 18 pants for more than 25 years.

As of the April 13 WW meeting, I was "officially" at -40 in my WW record book.  Since my afternoon weigh-ins typically lag behind my naked-morning weigh-ins, it felt good to finally catch up in that regard as well.

At WW, we started a new session of meetings, and we were able to get quite a few new members.  3 people joined from my building alone, and I would like to think they saw me as a walking advertisement and jumped on the band wagon at least partly because of me.

So, that's the report.  Slow progress is better than no progress.  I'm still surprised every day that I've lost more than 40 pounds.  I keep looking at the scale and thinking it must be some sort of mistake.  Can I make -50 by the end of the school year and -60 by the time the next school year starts in mid-August?  Big questions!  Stay tuned for the answers!

Thanks for sharing this with me!  Come back again soon!

:)Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment