Sunday, August 4, 2013

New Exercises Added

My loyal readers will remember my rant about my new shoes reducing my swelling.  I just wanted to report that I expressed that same revelation to my PT on Thurs.  She implied that yes, she had known by saying, "I'm Sorry," when I said I didn't know why no one told me.  However, that was all she said, and then we moved on to other topics.  But I knew and she knew I knew and I knew she knew I knew!!

Kristen also gave me 2 new exercises that were extremely difficult!  Ok - now you try them as I describe them:

1 - Stand on one foot.  It's ok, you can hold on to something if you need to.  Now, bend the knee you are standing on - as far as you can - and straighten back up again.  Easy?  Ha!  For you, maybe!  But it wasn't easy for Bessie.  Let me tell you, she did NOT like this one at all! Let's do that 20 times, please!

2 - Stand with both feet up on a step (we use a 6" box at therapy).  Put one foot forward down onto the floor - pick the leg that is your strongest to put down.  Notice your weaker leg/foot is still on the box.  Now back yourself up so both feet are back up on the box.  Uh huh - yeah!  Not quite easy-peasy is it?!  Try doing THAT when the weaker leg has a 7" zipper down the front!  Bessie was like, "WHAT? SERIOUSLY?"  Yeah, then do that 20 times!!!  ARE YOU KIDDING???  Luckily I was standing next to a counter, and I could use my arms to pull myself up.  This time it was 95% arm strength that got me through, but I know there will come a time when she'll make me do that one out in the middle of the room with nothing to hold on to!!!  AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Ok - enough whining about exercise.  Now I will crow about what I did.  Yesterday, Hubs and I got a bee in our collective bonnet to rearrange the living room.  Not really a hard task since we only have a sofa, a chair, a coffee table and a side table.  We have been frustrated by the lack of seating in there, and wondered if moving things around would make space for another chair.  Indeed it did.  So... today, we went shopping for a new chair.

We started at Pier One where we had seen a chair advertised that we liked.  We walked that store quite a bit.  Not ready to buy what we saw there, we decided to go to Value City Furniture.  Anyone living in the Columbus area will know how large that store it (at Sawmill).  I walked that whole store.  Then we went to Ashley Furniture.  We got half way around that one and I had to sit.  I told Hubs to come and get me if he saw anything he liked.  But just think of this...  Pier One, Value City and Ashley in one shopping trip - just 71/2 weeks after surgery.  I was very proud of Bessie!!!  Then she came home, took an Ibu and a nap!  She is sort of achy now, just 4 hours after the outing, but that's ok.  She'll be fine and ready to exercise again later this evening.  Oh, and by the way, we did not find the perfect chair yet, but we did see some possible candidates.

That's it for now.  I'll have another movie review for you later today, so stay tuned!

:)Amy




No comments:

Post a Comment