Sunday, October 11, 2015

Crowing About Music

     


I need to take a few minutes to crow about the wonders of living in Westerville where I get to attend phenomenal music events!  Today I attended a performance of the Westerville Symphony Orchestra with guest Gavin George performing.

Allow me to introduce you to Gavin:
Hear him at the piano by clicking here.

This video was done when he was 11.  He is now 12.  This was one of 3 pieces he played tonight for encores as the audience begged him to continue!

Here he is at age 7 with a fun variation.

Gavin is from Newark, Ohio and has now played all over the world!  At tonight's event, Gavin played Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 1 in F sharp minor, op. 1.  I honestly don't know how it is physically possible for anyone to move their fingers as fast as Gavin did. WOW he was amazing!!!

If I could figure out how to upload the videos from my phone to this page, I would do that for you.  Come back later and see if I figured it out!

In the meantime, search youtube and let Gavin amaze you!

Happy Viewing!

:)Amy


1 comment: