Saturday, October 24, 2015

The Odyssey Continues - Let The Changes Begin


First, let me give an update on progress.  As of Wednesday’s official weigh-in at the meeting, I had lost 18.2 pounds.  As of today’s weigh-in for the website, it was 19.  Last Sunday, I had a brief glimpse of 20 pounds, but that number has been elusive this week.  My goal for this week is to hit 20 pounds for the Wednesday Meeting weigh-in.  Then I will get my 4th 5-pound star for my little book!  

I felt very good after the last meeting because some of the other ladies there said my progress is an inspiration to them.  One of them asked me how I am losing so steadily, and I said I am tracking every morsel of food.  She said, “Oh, I can’t do that.”  WHAT?  Why are you in Weight Watchers if you aren’t going to track your food?  Isn’t that a huge part of what this is all about?  That conversation left me very confused.  

One of the big questions I had when I started my weight loss odyssey was when I would first start to notice real changes as a result of my progress.  At last week’s meeting, I asked some of the veteran members when they had to start buying new clothes.  One of the members, who has lost 75 pounds since January, said that it took her awhile to buy new clothes because a lot of what she had been wearing was baggy anyway.  I think this is a very common thing for women.  When we are wearing the larger sizes, we typically buy clothes that are stretchy with elastic waists because we are trying to hide our bulk and also to be comfortable.  Tight clothes just aren’t comfortable.  I think a general rule is that one size typically represents about 10 pounds in the lower sizes and about 20 pounds in the higher sizes.  I think it is safe to say that someone who wears a size 20 is about 200 pounds, 24 is about 240 pounds, etc…  That isn’t exact, and it may vary depending on height and proportions of the person or make and style of clothing, but it is an estimate that seems to make sense based on what I’ve worn over the years.  

During the last week, I realized that I am ready for some new “good” jeans.  The jeans I’ve been wearing since the spring are size 26 petite (short), and they are now so big that I keep having to hitch them up as I walk.  I could wear a belt, but I don’t have any belts because I hate them.  I really don’t know how men can stand to wear belts all the time!  If they are tight enough when you are standing to hold your pants up, they are too tight when you sit down.  That’s never worked for me!  My plan is to go to the store tomorrow and buy a new pair of jeans that fit now, and another pair in a size smaller to have when I get to the next size change.  I am going to save these large jeans for my “Look how big my fat-jeans were” photograph!  I hope to get to do one of those pictures where I stand with both of my legs in one leg of the fat jeans and hold the waist way out to show how much space there is.  

Other than my jeans being too big, I really haven’t noticed much difference yet.  I think my feet look a little thinner.  Hubby says he thinks my butt is smaller, but I don’t know if I trust him to be totally honest.  We walked up to the park today and I think I felt like I had more stamina than I used to have.  I didn’t get as tired and wasn’t desperate to sit down when I got home as I was the last time we walked to the park.  Also, I noticed my hips and knees didn’t hurt as much as they have in the past.  

That’s about it for my current status.  Thanks for reading and come back again soon!

:)Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment