Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Odyssey Continues - A New Experience

My loyal readers will probably remember my comments about wanting/needing to buy new clothes.  Today was the day!  As I was driving home, I realized that today is the first day in my life when I walked into a clothing store, asked for smaller sizes than I'd been wearing, tried them on, and BOUGHT THEM!  What an amazing feeling!  I'm so used to dreading the shopping experience, and I'm so used to being disappointed in the results, that today's success was a whole new experience for me!

My retired "fat jeans" are size 26wp.  I also have a pair of jeans that I've been wearing that are 24.  Today, I explained to the clerk that I wanted to try size 22.  She found 3 pairs for me to try on.  Every single one of them fit!  SERIOUSLY!  No Baggie Butts!  Then I took them out to the register and said, "I'd also like these same styles in size 20."  The other clerk was very confused, but my clerk understood.  I had to explain to the other clerk that I wanted a total of 6 pairs of jeans.  I brought home 3 pairs of jeans that I can wear now, and I have 3 pairs that I can wear when the 22s are too big!  

I also bought 2 tops in 1x.  I've been in 2x tops for DECADES!  It was so much fun to try on smaller sizes and have them FIT!!! YAY!  Talk about motivation!  WOW!

As far as progress goes...  I dropped the first 16 very quickly and easily.  The next 4 pounds have been teasing me for 2 weeks!  My first glimpse of -20 was Oct. 18.  Since then I've seen that number only very sparingly.  Today, I actually had my first glimpse of -21.  WOW was I excited!  :)  I am determined that when I go to the WW meeting on Wed, I will be able to get my 4th  -5 Star!  The month of November is going to be -20 to -30.  Just you watch and see!

Thanks for hanging in here with me!  I'll see you next time, and don't forget to feed the fish!

:)Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment