Friday, February 5, 2016

Is it really Winter in Central Ohio?

Hello Everyone!

If you live in Ohio, you know that we've been experiencing a rather mild winter.  One hallmark of this mildness has been evident from the animal visitors we have seen already.  Last week, we saw 6 mallard ducks pigging out under the bird feeders at New House around dusk one evening.

Today, I saw the first Great Blue Heron of the season!  Enjoy these photos:

At about 1:20 - he was just hanging out - standing on one leg. 
He did this for at least an hour.



By about 2:30, he was down in the creek grabbing up num-nums he found in the water.
He hung out in this area until around 3ish. 


Then he started walking - following the creek to the south-east.



As he came into the clearing by the drain pipe, I got a close-up.


I think he's posing for me here! 
As he kept walking, he went out of view. 


Around 4:40 he was back - just hanging out again. 


I checked again just after 5, but he was nowhere to be seen.  

Thanks for visiting Mr. GBH!  I look forward to seeing you again soon!

:) Amy












1 comment:

  1. Lucky you, having this "dinosaur" right there. What a fine beast.

    ReplyDelete