Thursday, July 12, 2018

Tillie's 4 Week Anniversary!

Tuesday, July 10 was 4 weeks.  Today, July 12 is 1 month.  WOW!  It is amazing to me how fast my recovery progress is going.  Today, I noticed a significant improvement in swelling.  My swelling is down so much that my legs "almost" look like they are the same size.  I say "almost" because I still have a chunky section just to the inside of my incision (but I think that is mostly fat), but overall, the swelling has gone down considerably. 

One thing that is remarkable about this change is the high level of activity I've done in the last 2 days.  Yesterday, I had the most vigorous PT session I've ever had.  Then, I came home and baked a pie and did dishes, then I stood in my kitchen and talked to visitors for a LONG while, then I went out for lunch, then I walked at Inniswood park - probably 2000 steps at least, I would guess.  Today, Hubs and I walked 3600 steps at 2 parks before noon.  I was ready for some ice when I got home, but my swelling is still down even with all that activity!  That's AMAZING!

I am still on a routine of PT at the office on M/W/F and at home every other day.  I see my doc again on July 23.  I think he will be impressed!  My life feels very normal right now. I haven't used my cane at all for probably a week.  I move around my house very comfortably.  I shower, make the bed, cook and do dishes, clean, do laundry, do a few minor things in the yard - all with no problem.  I am not yet to the point where I forget I had surgery because my leg still feels different, but it seldom actually hurts.  I have been putting scar gel on my incision for several days now because all the scabs are gone.  I think that is helping too.  On the advice of my PT, I also massage my incision when I put the gel on. 

I have photos for anyone who asks.  Thanks again for your support of Tillie's adventures!

:)Amy




No comments:

Post a Comment