Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Tillie's 5 Week Anniversary

Hello Everyone!

Yesterday was my 5 week anniversary.  You may remember that last week's progress was a reduction in swelling.  This week's progress involves my nighttime sleeping patterns.  Last night was the 2nd night in a row that I slept comfortably in the bed all night and didn't have to get up and sleep in the chair for part of the night.  Before that, I would be ok until about 3 am, then I would have trouble finding a comfortable position with Tillie being a little achy.  So I would get up and sleep in my recliner for 2-3 hours and then get back in bed for the rest of the night. 

Also, I can sleep on either side.  Sleeping on my left side with a pillow under Tillie is the best.  Sleeping on my right is a little more challenging, and I can usually only stay in that position for 30 min or so at the most, but the fact that I can do both of those is huge!  I've also actually rolled over onto my stomach a couple of times, and that is doable for maybe 15-20 min.  Compared with how things were with Bessie, this is HUGE!

I am also now to the point where I actually forget I had surgery for a short time.  Right now, I'm looking at probably about 8 more PT sessions in the office.  I am making huge progress there.  The other day I hit 103 degrees, and I am "almost" able to pedal the bike all the way around (backwards is easier than forwards).  I'm hoping to make it to that accomplishment this week. (I will probably cry!)  I am also going to ask my PT if we can start working with the stairway in the building.  They have me step up on a 6" box in the workout room, and I still can't quite do that without holding on. 

So, that's where we are!  Thanks for keeping up with my progress!  I appreciate your support!

Talk to you again soon!

:)Amy

1 comment: