Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Tillie's 6 Week Anniversary !!!!!

Hello!
Please notice all the !!! in the title!  Week 6 has been A.Maze.Ing!

First, I had an appt with my surgeon on Monday.  He gave me an A+.  He was very impressed with my progress.  He did a couple of xrays, and read the PT reports...  Looked at my incision and how much I can bend my knee, and how well I walk.  YES!

Then, today at PT, something really new and exciting happened.  My therapist asked me if I felt up to trying steps.  HECK YES!  The building has a stairway that goes down from the main lobby to a basement level.  It is about 10 steps down to a landing, turn, then another 10 steps down.  There is a railing on each side, and the width is narrow enough that it is easy to hold on on both sides.  First, I went down - one foot per step.  Then I turned around and went back up - one foot per step.  LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!  I didn't have to support myself on the railing as I went down, and I didn't have to pull myself up with the railing either.  There was no pain or weakness as I did it!  I was so excited when I got to the top I started crying!

Being able to do steps was one of my big goals.  I have not been able to comfortably do steps for probably 10 years or more.  Luckily, I don't HAVE to do steps at home or at school, but when I did encounter them, I faced them as a huge challenge that would increase my pain.  No way could I do steps without a railing - going up was pulling myself on the railing and going down was supporting myself.  Even a curb used to be scary!

There ya go - this week's progress!  YAY!

Stay tuned!  I might have even more progress to report next week!  WE'LL SEE, won't we!

Hugs-n-stuff,
:)Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment