Thursday, April 12, 2012

Paint, Doors and Demo

Today's progress included some paint: the 1st coat of  Creme color on the bead board - chair rail - crown - baseboard, the hanging of the interior doors, and demolition of part of the bathroom.




I can't get over what a HUGE difference the white doors make after the brown ones!!!  YAY!!



Interesting note about the doors - none of them seem to fit right at the top yet, so I'm guessing they get them hung and then worry about making them fit.  Also interesting that they have not drilled out holes for the door knobs yet. 

Here is the bathroom, sans fixtures - ready for new ceramic tile:





In just looking at the Creme color against the Camel the red and the yellow, it really looked white to me - until I held a piece of paper up to it - then I could see the paint really isn't "white".  I guess you can also tell it with the crown molding in the living room against the white ceiling.





Never having been through a remodeling process like this, the mess is sort of new to us.  Even though they are doing all their cutting in the garage, there is still a fine layer of dust over everything in the kitchen - I suspect they leave the door open.  

The other thing they did today was to re-grout the main grout lines on the tile for both bathtubs - so that looks all new and sparkly!

I'm sure there will be more fun tomorrow... stay tuned!!!









1 comment:

  1. Those doors update the entire house, don't they? I can't get over how quickly the elves are getting things done!

    ReplyDelete