Wednesday, May 2, 2012

CARPET !!!

Tuesday, May 1 was CARPET DAY at the new house!  This day has been long-anticipated, as you know.  There has only been one time in my life when I've ever had the chance to pick out carpet.  When I was 16, and we moved to our house in Milan, my mother let me pick out the carpet for my bedroom.  I loved it - it was a Victorian floral print which I never tired of.  It is one of the only things I actually miss about my parents' homestead.

However, I digress... Hubs and I got to pick out our carpet for the new house - this was probably the biggest decision we had to make.  After all, paint is easy to change.  Wall-to-wall, whole-house carpet isn't!

Hubs was at the house while the guys worked, and he documented the progress on film for your viewing pleasure.  Allow me to present... The Carpet Installation...

First... the original flooring from 40 years ago was revealed in the dining room.  Scary, scary stuff!!!


I feel sorry for any previous owners who actually had to scrape that off the other areas!  Luckily for us, it is only in the dining room and was easy to cover!!!  Here is the living room - nakey:


Next came the pad:



And... drum roll please... the good stuff:


It is a multi-colored frieze - has strands of beige and tan and darker tan....  


Above you can see the living room from the dining room, including the new 2.5" blinds that Hubs put up on Sunday!!!







As with paint colors, the carpet color changes from room to room, depending on sunlight, and from day to night depending on the lights.  It is dreamy-soft, amazingly cushy!!  And, after 1 day, it hasn't even fallen off yet!!!

We now have a slight issue.  The carpet is so thick, that now none of the closet doors work right. They are all going to have to be shaved.  I think the bedroom doors are ok tho.  

Tomorrow we meet with John.  I'm sure he'll propose a solution for the closets.  

WE'VE GOT CARPET!!!!!  



2 comments:

  1. It's just perfect, isn't it?! That original floor is so incredibly sad... Your house is looking so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an excellent choice! The multi-colored frieze – beige and tan make such a perfect combination. They go with almost any color, and they complement well with the walls. So far, your place is looking amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete