Sunday, May 13, 2012

Catching Up On All The Changes

Wow - was it really May 2 that I posted last?  I apologize to my faithful readers for getting behind in my updates.  Quite a lot has happened since May 2, and that is one reason I haven't posted - I've been very busy. It seems like every day brings new adventures.  Where to begin....

I think I mentioned that once the new carpet was installed, the closet doors no longer worked.  John brought his 2 best "Problem Solvers" out to work on this issue.  They were able to adjust/raise 2 of the sets so they don't need to be trimmed (hall closet and red room).  However, the yellow room and master needed to be removed and trimmed - about 1/2".  Also, when the carpet guys took the doors off and put them back on in the yellow room, they got sort of scuffed up and the paint actually pealed off in places.

Painter Jim took the yellow room doors back to the shop to trim and paint them, and they discovered that this set of doors was not paintable wood after all, but vinyl coated -no-paint- wood.  John swears that the packaging said they were paintable wood (he was there when they were purchased) and that the wrong doors were in the package.  So, then they had to go out and find paintable wood doors.  So, those should be coming back in the next few days.

Hubs has been very busy on two projects.  1 - he took the 24" linen closet door and made it into a work-bench for the garage.  2 - he has made a frame for the window in his room to help block out the light that seeps in around the edges of the blinds. (Sorry, I don't have a good photo of this 2nd project.)





I found a sewing table for my sewing/craft room.  It was the "Josephine Desk" at World Market.  We brought that home and put it together yesterday - it's perfect, just what I wanted!  I had planned to cover that chair, but the more I look at it, the more I like it, especially with the white desk and black Eiffel Tower lamp (from Target).





We got a Queen mattress set for the master bed frame - that was delivered earlier this week.  We got the standard foundation for it, but that made the whole set too high for my short little legs, so we exchanged the standard foundation for a "low-profile" foundation which is only 5" and brings the whole thing down to a manageable height.  I told Hubby it was either a new foundation or a step-stool, and he didn't want to hear me cry when I slipped off the stool and sprained my ankle (threatening to cry always works with him!)  Ultimately, he just wants me to be happy - Good Answer, spoken by a man who's been married for almost 30 years!  Today we got the quilted cover at Kohl's.  It is a queen size, but seems a little small - we'll see.
The 4 posts should be delivered on Tuesday, along with a twin bed frame in the same style for the guest room (red).  Then the canopy top doesn't come until mid-June sometime.  After we get that, I will be making curtains for it.



The living room furniture was delivered by Value City.  We originally ordered a 92" sofa, a 72" love seat and a coordinated side chair.  The day before delivery, the store called to say that the 72" love seat that came in was damaged, and they were sending it back to exchange it for another.  They would be bringing the new 72" in the next delivery with the master bed-posts which were on back-order.  Once we got the 92" and the chair in the room, and started thinking about tables... and the piano... we decided that we didn't really have room for the 72" after all - so we cancelled it.  Now that we have the piano, we're glad we did, because the room just isn't big enough for all that furniture.


We've tried arranging the room with the couch on the long wall at the left; however, this arrangement with the couch under the window leaves more room for tables on the ends and in the middle, and will also be better for sound from the piano.  Stay tuned - it may get moved again.  We are also seriously considering buying a second chair which could be moved back and forth between the living room and the dining room.

I also bought material yesterday for the kitchen curtains - have not had time to start working on those.  That will be the next project I tackle.

Stay tuned... and don't forget to feed the fish!



No comments:

Post a Comment