Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Odyssey Continues - It's a New Year!

Hello!  Time for a quickie weight-loss update!  Yesterday was the first WW meeting in 2 weeks, and I was pleased to be able to log a new low for my little book - 26#, but the more exciting news was what I logged for myself here this morning.  I had my first glimpse of -30#  !!!!  I can't even express how excited I was to see that number for the first time!  I saw -28# 3 times over break, but to suddenly jump to -30# was AMAZING!  Realistically, I know I might not see that number again for awhile, but to see it at all was a huge motivator!

When I think about carrying something that weighs 30#.... like 6 bags of sugar..... there is no way I could carry that much in from the car in a grocery bag - I'd do 2 or 3 trips for that much!  One "real" thing I have noticed is that I am walking better.  My hips don't hurt any more when Hubs and I take walks to the park, and even in my normal daily routine, I feel like I am walking more "normal".  Over the weekend, I saw a former neighbor that I hadn't seen since August, and she commented that she thought I was walking better too (and she said that even before she knew about my weight loss).

With the new year we have started a Biggest Loser competition at school.  I signed up and did my weigh-in yesterday.  My official weigh-in for that was -25#.  Ha!  I've SOOOO got this!!!  :)  Each contestant has to pay $10.  Last year there were 30 people in my building who participated, so the top 3 winners got quite a nice amount - that's good to put towards some new clothes!

Ok - that's all for now.  I just wanted to share!  Thanks for hanging in here with me!

:)Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment