Saturday, January 2, 2016

The Odyssey Continues - S...L...O...W... Progress..... is better than NO progress!

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!

I'm thrilled to be able to report that I've survived the fear-inducing Holiday BingeAndGain scenario without gaining!  Yay Me!  In fact, there were 3 days (non-consecutive, mind you) when I saw my first glimpses of -28#  For the most part, I am still hanging out in the -25 to -27 range, where I have been since mid-Nov.

I tried the Calorie Cycling thing - where you eat a lot for 2-3 days, and then cut back again.  The idea is that eating a lot tricks the metabolism.  I thought that was going to work for me because I saw my first dip to -28 just after I did that, but alas, I just leveled out again.

The WW website has a section on Plateaus.  The 2 main suggestions are to make sure that you are really eating carefully just like when you started and were successful (some people start taking things for granted and aren't as careful), and then to ramp up the activity.  So.... I'm going to work on those two things and see if they help!  I think just going back to school will help because when I am busy and working where there is no snack cabinet or refrigerator, I do better.

The Odyssey continues!  I'll keep you posted.  Thanks for hanging in here with me!

:) Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment