Sunday, June 24, 2018

Tillie Takes A Walk

Good Morning!

Welcome to Sunday, June 24, 2018.  Yesterday's big advance was that Bessie and Tillie went for a walk together.... outside... on the sidewalk!  I walked the width of 4 houses/yards back and forth, once in the morning and once in the afternoon.  I plan to do more of that today!  Who knows - maybe I'll go crazy and do the whole block!  I did use my cane, for insurance.  I'm not even using that in the house.

As was the case with Bessie, when Tillie gets achy, the best remedy is to get up and walk.  She hurts less when I am walking and moving around than when I am just sitting.  Really though she isn't hurting all that much.  She does get hurty after exercises, but other than that, it is just more of an awareness.  I can tell something is different, but it doesn't actually "hurt" most of the time.  The incision itches sometimes, and the bandage that is over it sort of pulls on my skin, so that adds another "awareness" factor.  I am continuing to reduce my use of hard-core meds, and rely more on Ibuprofen.

That's about all I have to share right now.  My progress is super fast and fabulous - I am thrilled by how well everything has gone so far!  I am finished now with the Comfort Keeper helpers - they were GREAT - but I can pretty much do everything I want and need to do by myself now. 

Thanks for letting me share with you!  I'll talk to you again soon!

:)Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment