Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 21 - Shouting from the Roof Top !!!

Celebrate with me, everyone!  I am sooo excited, I can hardly contain myself.  Tonight, just 3 weeks after surgery, I was able to lift Bessie off the bed!!! Both from the position of lying flat on my back, and also from sitting up.  I can left my whole leg up off the bed about an inch or two.  I can't even tell you how HUGE this is !!!!  I almost cried!

I can also now get into and out of bed without using the leg cross-over technique that I had been relying on.  It is very rewarding to know that all this exercising I've been doing is paying off!

I walked around the house most of today with no walker or cane.  I take it slow, and I still hold on to things occasionally, but I really don't feel that I need the aids in the house.  (I wouldn't go out without my walker yet.)

It might be my imagination, but I think my new leg is just a tad longer than the old one.  It would make sense, since Doc put in a plastic piece to replace the missing cartilage.  I don't know how thick that is, but it is more than has been in there for years.

Tomorrow I go back to PT.  She told me to bring my cane as well as my walker.  I can't wait to show off for her!

Celebrate with me!  Have a glass of wine... or 2... When you lie in your beds tonight, lift your left leg an inch off the bed and think about me!!!

Hugs!
:)Amy






No comments:

Post a Comment