Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 31 - A Walk In The Park.... literally!

Today was a very special day indeed!  The humid weather has finally broken here, and it was a simply glorious day.  Low to mid 80s and almost no humidity.  Blue sky with fluffy white clouds and a slight breeze in the shade.  Absolutely perfect to be outside!

So, that's what we did - we went outside!  We have a lovely metro-park very near our houses that has wonderful flowerbeds and a frog pond and boardwalk trails through the woods.  I told Hubs yesterday that I wanted to go to the park today and enjoy the weather - so we did!  We spent about an hour and a half over there this afternoon, and..... wait for it....

I WALKED!!!

Yes, I used my cane, but I actually walked around the park.  This was the first time in over 2 years that I've walked at that park.  For the last 2 summers, Hubs pushed me around in one of the complimentary wheelchairs that they keep by the entrance.  I hated having to do that, but it was the only way for me to get to enjoy the park.

We did sit down a lot, but still the route we took was probably a mile of walking all together. For those of you who are familiar with this park, we went in the main entrance - straight back to the arbor that leads to the herb garden, then turned right and went to the pond.  Then we finished by way of the boardwalk behind the pond and around past the restrooms and back out through the main entrance.

 My leg is tired tonight, but it doesn't really hurt per se.  When we got home, I immediately put it up and put ice on it - off and on for a couple of hours, and I stayed off it mostly for the next 4 hours or so, and that helped, but now it feels like it usually does at this time of night, and I just did the dishes.

Here are some views of what we like to call "our" park:  ENJOY!


New planting area where there used to be a tree.  This has veggies and flowers combined.



Hubs took this one - amazing clarity !


I love dahlias !!!



Here are some of our friends from the pond: 









This is where we exit the trail behind the frog pond.  







Clearly, it is a good year for the lillies!  

And THIS is the prize shot of the day - our very first INDIGO BUNTING!!



Thanks for joining us on our walk in the park!

Talk to you again soon!

:)Amy




No comments:

Post a Comment