Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I didn't think I'd ever be able to do it!

It's day 36.  5 weeks plus 1 day since surgery.

When I came home from the hospital, I couldn't even lift my heel off the bed.  Not at all.  Not even enough to drag it across the sheet.

Then I could slide it side ways  - and do scissors exercises.

Then I could raise my knee.

At Day 21 I could raise my leg about an inch off the bed.

At Day 25 I could raise my whole leg off the bed in a straight leg raise from lying flat on my back.  Once.

Since then, I've lifted it 2 or 3 or 4 times in an exercise session, but never in a row.  Always with Hubs helping me lift it in between the ones I did on my own.

Tonight, Day 36 - I lifted Bessie all the way up - straight - 5 times in a row, took a break, and then did it 5 more times in a row - with no help!!!

There were times, when I thought I would never be able to do that.  EVER!  And now I can!

When you go to bed tonight, lift your legs up straight in the air, and think about not being able to do it!

I think I can... I think I can... I think I can...

:)Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment