Tuesday, July 16, 2013

It's Bloomin' !!!

You may remember that in May we planted a "bare stick rose"  which I purchased mail-order from David Austin Roses in Texas. It didn't have so much as a root ball on it - it was literally a bare stick with some roots hanging off of it.   For the longest time, I couldn't see it doing anything at all, and I was just about to take a photo of it and send it to the company and ask for my money back.

This is what it looked like the day we planted it on May 18:



Well, it decided to start sprouting while I was in the hospital over June 11-13.  This is what it looked like as of June 16:


As of today, this is what it looks like now:  


I can't even tell you how excited I was when I saw open blooms!  There have been about 4 buds on it for the last week, and I've been checking them every day.  My neighbor said these were not open yet at 6 am when she brought the paper over, but as of about 10 am, WWWWAAAAAA   !!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't really think there was any hope of getting blooms yet this summer, even after it started to sprout leaves, but it really IS going to be a decent rose bush after all!   YAY!!!

...Just one more thing for me to do a Happy Dance for with my new bionic leg!  

:)Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment