Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 13 : A Very Lucky Day, Indeed!

Today was a HUGE day on my calendar that I've been waiting for for 2 weeks.  Today was the day I got to go back to my surgeon to have my staples removed.  All 35 of them came out quite easily - not painful, just a little "prick" with each pull.

He was very pleased with the way my leg looks.  The one bruise I had is almost gone, and my incision looks great!

He said I can stop wearing the TED hose AND stop using those annoying calf-pumps.  YAY !

He wants to see me again in a month, at which time he will take an x-ray.  I am not to use any lotions or creams on the incision in that time - he wants it to "dry out".  I may shower as usual, but not take a bath.  (So, no pool yet either.)

The other big news is PT - Andrew measured me at 86 degrees today, and that didn't even push me to a scream!  (Up from 80 on Friday!)   I am soooo psyched!!!    I think it will be easier to bend now that the staples and bandage are off.

So, that's it for today.  Have a glass of wine tonight to celebrate for me!!!

:)Amy

1 comment:

  1. Only one glass??? C'mon???

    Just kidding, congrats!

    ReplyDelete