Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 17 - PT Progress

Today was my last day of home PT.  I start in a facility on Monday.  For his last hurrah, Andrew gave me some great numbers!

For my passive bend - which is me lying on my side, pulling my leg back as far as I can just under my own leg-power, I had advanced from 78 degrees to 88 degrees.  He was able to pull me to 90 degrees!!!  That is 20 degrees of progress in 11 days !!!  I am psyched!!

He gave me a few other exercises to do, which are all done standing with my walker:  Kicking out to the side, and kicking back (standing on each leg).  Then another was a variation of the squats I've been doing, where I pull my other leg forward a bit rather than having my feet lined up.

We also talked about walking, which he really hadn't mentioned before.  I asked him if I should start walking outside, longer distances than I can do in the house.  He said yes.  He also gave me suggestions of some things I can work on if/when I walk... like stretching my leg behind me with each step I take.

I feel really strong after today's workout.  It seems that my afternoon workout is my most productive.  For my morning session, I'm still sort of stiff.  For my evening workout I'm starting to get tired.

I didn't take any Vicodin yesterday until bedtime, and I haven't taken any today yet.  I do have a new pain once in awhile.  It is a stabbing pain just to the outside and above my kneecap.  When I push on it, it goes away quickly.  Andrew says those kinds of things are signs that my muscles are working.

So that's my news for today.  Thanks for reading!!

:)Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment