Saturday, June 22, 2013

New Exercises Are Added

Good Morning and welcome to Day 11 !

Yesterday, PT Andrew added 4 new exercises to my regimen.  These are all done sitting or standing rather than lying on a bed.  I am supposed to add these to my 3-times-a-day list of activities.

1 - Sitting on a straight chair, a stretchy band is placed around my ankle. The other end can be held by a person, or it can be tied to something solid like a table leg.  I then pull back on the band 10 x.

2 - Standing with my walker, I simply go up on my toes and then back on my heals, alternating.  10 x

3 - Standing with my walker, and in front of a chair, I squat as if I am going to sit down (but I don't).  The key is to keep knees back and stick the backside out like I really AM going to sit down.  10 x

4 - This is the hard one and takes a helper.  Sitting in a chair, I straighten my leg out in front of me.  My helper then lefts my leg and I have to try to control the descent.  I can't control it yet, but it is working that muscle that is important.  Bessie is still a dead weight at this point.

Ok, who wants to do these with me???  Oh, goodness!  Look at all those hands go up! What good helpers you are, indeed!!!

:)Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment